About Me

My photo
United States
Hi..I'm going through weight loss program and thought of sharing my own experience with those who are really dishearten and nobody to guide them. So my friends don't be upset just know how to loose weight in simple steps. All you need is to be keep patience as its not any magical job to loose weight. As per i think it's a slow 'n steady race which we have to win at any cost.

My Community

How to lose weight fast? check out some really magical weight loss plans for fat burn and lose calories. Also read latest news to get aware of losers....

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Choose proper food to lose weight fast!

Recently a patient asked me what she should eat to lose weight. She had tried almost every diet there was but had no success. She asked if I had a diet she could take home and successfully take the pounds off.

In my practice, I try to help my patients understand as much about their condition as possible. Before starting my residency, I was a college professor.

My students always did well on their tests because I helped them understand that simply memorizing information was useless.

This was because the information is usually lost with time and can't be applied practically. An example would be to understand how and why, instead of what and when.
I apply this concept to my medical practice to help patients understand their illnesses and, as a result, be more compliant with the treatment regimen.

The how in this case is to take in fewer calories than you burn and include exercise? It is also important to be aware we burn calories just maintaining our functions to live.

Examples are our bodily functions including breathing or our heart continuously beating.

I first told the patient she was capable of making the right decisions when it came to choosing foods. I told her to always ask herself if it is healthy and that 99 percent of the time, she would be correct. I gave her an example of fried chicken versus baked chicken. I then gave her the example of three wings versus two wings.

The why in this case is the fact our bodies have natural defense mechanisms and respond to environmental stressors to survive?

During the questioning, she admitted to skipping breakfast on most mornings. We should try to eat small, frequent meals. I stressed that this was a problem when we allow a long period of time to pass between meals. In order to maintain vitality, the body's metabolism slows down and the body stores more fat. Also, when you are very hungry, it is harder to make a healthier food selection.

Try going to the local pizza game establishment (which I am forced to attend almost every week for one of my 7-year-old daughter's classmates' birthday parties), and choose the salad after not eating all day. Chances are you are going to make an unhealthy choice.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Of course, I am aware of total of given above, nevertheless I need specific suggestions on how to lose weight fast...

Health