About Me

My photo
United States
Hi..I'm going through weight loss program and thought of sharing my own experience with those who are really dishearten and nobody to guide them. So my friends don't be upset just know how to loose weight in simple steps. All you need is to be keep patience as its not any magical job to loose weight. As per i think it's a slow 'n steady race which we have to win at any cost.

My Community

How to lose weight fast? check out some really magical weight loss plans for fat burn and lose calories. Also read latest news to get aware of losers....

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

US prisoner claims instant weight loss

An overweight prisoner in the United States is suing the authorities for not feeding him enough after he lost about seven stone (45kg) in jail. Broderick Lloyd Laswell, who is awaiting trial for murder, dropped to 22 stone (140kg) after eight months inside the Arkansas prison.

He claims his vision has gone blurry while trying to exercise. The prison says the meals average 3,000 calories a day - more than the US recommended daily intake for adults. Laswell has filed a federal law suit complaining Benton County jail does not provide inmates with enough food.

Hungry again

According to the suit, Laswell weighed 29 stone (187kg) when he was jailed in September. Police say he has been charged with fatally beating and stabbing a man, the Associated Press news agency reported.

"On several occasions I have started to do some exercising and my vision went blurry and I felt like I was going to pass out," he wrote in his complaint. "About an hour after each meal my stomach starts to hurt and growl. I feel hungry again." He then goes on to complain about the lack of physical exercise, adding: "The only reason we lost weight in here is because we are literally being starved to death."

The suit also asks that the county be ordered to serve hot meals instead of cold food.

No comments:

Health